Mortal Kombat 11 may have released to stellar reviews but that doesn’t mean the latest entry in the franchise is without fault. There are a number of pressing issues that players have been voicing since they got their hands on the game and NetherRealm Studios is here to make sure that they are all addressed in due time.
There’s firstly the matter of grinding, which is attached to the Towers of Time. They are meant to serve as one of the main ways to earn in-game currency to unlock gears for characters. However, they have proven to be most unrewarding. In addition, they sometimes feature random modifiers that are nearly impossible to deal with. Then there are exploits and bugs among other things.
Taking to Reddit last night, the developer confirmed that patch 1.03 is now available for PlayStation 4. The same patch has been promised to release for the Xbox One, Switch, and PC in the days to come but an exactly release date was not shared.
According to the patch notes, the Towers of Time have been adjusted to give out more rewards. In certain scenarios, you may even earn thrice the amount than before. The difficulty level has been toned down, certain modifiers weakened, and many modifiers removed. Some bugs that were previously reported have also been fixed.
Most importantly, players who update to the latest patch can log in to receive free in-game currency. The bundle includes 500,000 Koins, 500 Hearts, 1,000 Souls, and 1,000 Time Crystals. The offer is currently live for PlayStation 4 and will be there for other platforms as well once the patch arrives. However, take note that the offer will only remain valid until May 6, 2019, for the PlayStation 4. Make to claim the prize before then.
You can go through the full patch notes below.
General Gameplay Adjustments
- Fixed an exploit that allowed for more than one variation of a character to be set as default, which could then result in an online desync when trying to select that character
- Fixed a rare issue that occurred if the user lost internet connectivity while customizing their character, which would sometimes result in that variation being saved with some items being locked
- Fixed a rare issue that was affecting some user progression after using Kenshi’s blindfold in the Krypt to fully drain their Soul Fragments
- Move list and frame data corrections
- Integrated launch day gameplay server-side data
- Tweaks to online match-making
- AI adjustments
- Fixed a rare crash involving trying to use quick moves list in story mode
- Fixed a rare crash in the Totem Pole tower in The Gauntlet
- Fixed a crash related to pausing and unpausing the game
- Corrected some incorrect instruction text in tutorial mode
- Enabled Dev Slayer functionality
- Kitana’s Fans will no longer sometimes remain invisible if she is interrupted out of Edenian Fade with specific timing
- Hotfix server data will no longer sometimes become invalid when the game is booted up online
- Fixed a rare crash involving using a consumable near a chest in The Krypt
- Increased rewards for breakables in The Krypt
- Adjusted rewards from AI Battle mode
- Increased Koin rewards for winning Ranked Matches
Towers of Time Adjustments
- Adjusted AI difficulty curve
- Further opponent health reductions in higher level Towers
- Performing a Fatal Blow while standing in an active modifier will no longer sometimes cause unexpected behavior or a crash
- Ice based modifiers will no longer attempt to freeze players during invalid states
- Adjusted and removed modifiers from many Daily Towers
- Increased Koin Rewards for kompleting Towers and Tower Platforms
- Increased Dragon Challenge Koin rewards
- Increased post fight Koin rewards
- Increased amount of Hearts earned from Fatalities, Brutalities, and Mercies
- Lowered modifier damage for many modifiers
- Adjusted the lifespan of several modifiers
- Dramatically increased cooldowns on Tag Assist modifiers
- Fixed a missing Reduced Damage modifier in The Gauntlet
- Several Gift/Curse Modifiers are now considered projectiles allowing them to interact with moves that effect projectiles as intended
- Adjusted Gauntlet difficulty and progression requirements
- Disabler Konsumables now work with all intended modifiers
- Improved targeting for several Konsumables
- Sektor Hunter Killer Protocol Modifier is now disabled by the Rocket Disabler Konsumable
- Corrected some multipliers on Augments for some characters which were inconsistent with others
- Fixed incorrect Armor interactions with some Modifiers
- Decreased Konsumable cooldowns for players